Friday, July 3, 2009

Shocking News!


Yes, this may come as a shock to most of you - our family has adopted a cat. I can't believe it myself. About a month ago, a cat showed up on our deck and the children (darn them!) let him right in. He has not left since. We even went camping for a weekend and he was still here when we returned. So, being the sympathetic person I am, (yes, really I have a sympathetic side) I bought it some food especially since it was looking quite thin. Every morning when we wake up, the kids race to the back door to let the cat in and it is chaos from then on out. They laugh, scream, and chase the cat - it happily obliges them - and when things calm down it sleeps for several hours wherever it can find peace and quiet. I finally broke down and took it to the vet because I imagined all the diseases that it was exposing my lovely hyper children to. Ugh is what I said when I saw the bill...... The cat is still here and according to Cerise and Tobias it will stay forever. That remains to be seen, but for now I am taking extra allergy medicine and gritting my teeth. Oh, and the children named him Bill.

3 comments:

The Parsons Flock said...

im shocked! never in a million years did i think you would have a cat! he is really cute though!

Lori said...

Did Bill come home yet??

Ken and Hannah said...

I have to say Trudi, Bill is a pretty cute cat. I'm not really a cat fan but as far as pets go, I've found the cats to be pretty low maintenance...until they get sick. : ( Enjoy life as a pet owner!