Friday, February 27, 2009

Coming Soon, To a Theatre Near You!

So the other day, I'm trying to convince Cerise that she needs to put clothes on - "Cerise! Time to get dressed! Come here naked girl! No, don't run away! I'm serious Cerise. You're going to get cold! No, it's not hot in here. You'll have to get dressed by yourself if you don't come now. Cerise! I mean it!!! Okay, now I'm going to count. One, Two, Threeeeeeee! Pleeeeaaaase!" Obviously my constant nagging was getting me nowhere. I just don't understand why my children don't instantly do EXACTLY what I want when I want. Maybe I just need a new tactic! I know - I'll try singing! I'll make up a song about getting dressed. So now imagine my singing voice at full force making up a stupid song about getting dressed (and I paid how much to get a degree in Early Childhood Education???) Time to put on underwear! It goes right on your derriere! Hurry quick and get your shirt! Before I rub your face in dirt! Okay, I may be slightly exaggerating here, but the amazing fact was that Cerise got dressed while I sang my loud, obnoxious and very annoying song. And the best part of all was that Tobias came rushing into the room at the end of my singing and very excitedly said, "Mom! You sing so good you should be on stage!!!!" So, coming soon to a theatre near you, The Terrible Momma Singer! See you there!

4 comments:

HannahPeterson said...

Ha ha Trudi, that's too funny! I could almost hear it. I'm going to have to try that one.

The Parsons Flock said...

Hahaha!! Where do I buy tickets!?! Creative parenting at its finest!

Lori said...

Is it gonna be an opera? I want front row seats! You just have to sing them into obedience sometimes!

Makealah said...

hilarious! do you do private preformances? How much do they cost? lol jk jk.