Monday, February 2, 2009

Oh, The Things Kids Say!

Yes, I am a terrible blogger! Who knew it would be soooo hard to think of something to write. If I were only Lori or Amy......They are quite amazing at writing interesting blog material!

In my attempt to provide something moderately interesting for those of you out there, I have compiled a list of some wacky things my kids have said over the past several months.

Tobias - "What does pervert mean?" (after watching the movie Ice Age)
Tobias - "I will be unacceptable!!!" (when he didn't want to go to soccer and was worried about kicking the ball into the wrong goal)
Tobias - "Mommy, here I come!" (he told me he said this on when he got on the school bus on his first time riding the bus home)
Tobias - "Mom, did you know that I will love you even when you are dead?"
Tobias - "Mom, I don't want to go see Jesus when I die." Me - "Why not?" Tobias - "Because I'm worried that it will be a long ride."
Tobias - "What???? I can't get married until I'm 18?" (disbelief when he found out he couldn't get married in kindergarten)
Tobias - "No mom! I'm not going to say that that lady is fat!" (when pointing at a very pregnant lady)

Cerise - "I don't want to have a birthday!!!!" (upon learning that it was her 3rd birthday)
Cerise - "Mom, can you tangle my laces?" (asking me to tie her first pair of sparkly converse shoes)
Cerise - "I have a yucky pickle noodle!!!" (she was sharing a bowl of takeout noodles with Dan and actually got a small piece of red onion)
Cerise - "What is that brown bump on that lady's face?" (pointing to a large bumpy mole on the face of a lady sitting next to us a swimming lessons)
Cerise - "I'm mad! I'm going to yell and scream at you. I'm going to stomp and kick and be rude!"
Cerise - "Mom, a little girl is going to crawl into your bed tonight" (of course she means that SHE will crawl into our bed)

4 comments:

The Parsons Flock said...

oh my goodness those are so funny!! my favorite is...i will be unacceptable!!

Lori said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! So funny!!! I love Toby's unacceptable one too. But I really loved Cerise's 'I have a yukky pickle noodle!' and "I'm mad! I'm going to yell and scream at you. I'm going to stomp and kick and be rude!" That sounds so like her! She is so vocal about herself, bless her little heart!! Give them a big smootch from Auntie Lori!
P.S. It appears you are quite clever with posting witty, amusing anticdotes.

HannahPeterson said...

LOL, these are really funny Trudi! I love the one where Cerise really asserts herself too. And Toby just cracks me up!

Makealah said...

Oh wow. It seems like EVERY time I see your kids one of them say something positively hilarious. I see they are the same at home!